In general, the aim of the association is to unite those who have already graduated, and collect the experience of the alumni. This experience will be helpful in numerous spheres, and the directions of this experience are as follows:
- Experience of studying for those who study
- Experience for those who wish to find a job after graduation
- Financial aid for a college or university
- Solution of legal aspects, associated with education and graduation
- Uniting alumni from various universities and colleges for sharing experience and offering help
- Lobbying the educational interests in governmental and legislative projects
Importance of these associations cannot be exaggerated. In fact, most consider them as the additional set of opportunities for students, as alumni are united not only by a set of legal arrangements of association foundation. They are united by the spirit of studentship and common memories, linked with college or university traditions, student life in general and friendly relations. Hence, the importance may be also explained by the principles of unification, which differ these associations from other unions and organizations.
Finally, it should be emphasized that these associations are mainly aimed at supporting the good memory of being young, as this is the key aim of creating these associations, while the actual activity is the formal requirement for unification.